Thursday, June 23, 2011

Wanted: News About YOU



Dear @ConnectColorado Followers:

If you read my tweets fairly often, you may have noticed a theme. I like to tweet about the "good life" in Colorado. (And will also pitch in when there is a disaster like the fires).

There is so much bad news that we are bombarded with every day. Instead, I am working to build a Colorado community of people and organizations that inspire one another.

So, I am inviting you great followers to send me tweets about you that I can retweet. Tell me about something you have done or you are doing like:


  • Did you climb a 14er recently?

  • Did you volunteer at a local nonprofit?

  • Are you doing a project for school kids?

  • Did you build a community garden?

  • Do you need support for a walk or bike-a-thon you are doing for charity?

  • Is your company doing something for charity? For example, @friskboutique recently did a diaper drive for Denver Urban Ministries.

  • Are you organizing a tweet-up or flash mob?

  • Are you trying to help an elderly neighbor to fix their house? Do you need help with that?

You get the idea, I'm sure!


People ask me all the time to retweet business-type tweets. I really like to help my followers, but straight up business promotion is not the purpose of @ConnectColorado. However, I am happy to help if your tweet has some kind of community support aspect to it. For example, if your company is cleaning up Colfax Avenue, let me know about it!


A special note to Colorado nonprofits: Whether you realize this or not, I already follow your tweets VERY closely. If you are following me, I watch your tweets to find things to retweet. If you are not following me, I don't retweet you! (And you probably aren't reading this anyway if you aren't following me!). But, I will ALWAYS retweet things that you need to have retweeted. If I have missed an important tweet, make sure you let me know.


I just wanted followers to know what I want to retweet. If you have retweeted me in the past, I put you on my Colorado Interacters lists, and I look at those lists to find great news about you that I can retweet. But again, if I missed something important, please let me know!


Thanks! Send me your tweets @ConnectColorado - not DM's. Be sure to include LINKS if it is something that people need more information about or if donations are involved! Give me all the info people want to know.


Happy tweeting Colorado!

No comments:

Post a Comment